The California Naturopathic Certification Board was created as a non- governmental
way to provide the public with competent and thorough Naturopaths and to ensure that
they are educated and trained.
Certification: A voluntary process by which a nongovernmental agency grants a time-limited
recognition to an individual after verifying that he or she has met predetermined and
Standards and Candidacy
Candidates for certification must have attained the following requirements before taking the
proctored certification exam.
1. Having graduated from a board approved Naturopathic College that is either state
licensed as a vocation school or college accredited by the American Naturopathic
Medical Accreditation Board.
2. Naturopathic education hours in didactic or online education must total no less than
2500 hours of traditional naturopathic education.
3. Having an internship in an approved naturopathic residency program or clinic
approved by the board with no less than 500 hours of clinical contact. (Exemptions
will be made if the candidate can prove that he or she has been in practice for a
minimum of 2 years prior to the creation of the board *2019).
4. Successfully passing the California Naturopathic Board Exam (CNBE) with a grade of 80
5. Proof of professional Malpractice and general liability for coverage of no less than
To get started please download and fill out the
California Naturopathic Board Certification Application here.